- RSS Channel Showcase 9891048
- RSS Channel Showcase 9910205
- RSS Channel Showcase 9881885
- RSS Channel Showcase 6250722
Articles on this Page
- 04/11/16--19:47: _Chicago Brewery Tour
- 07/20/16--13:15: _La Colombe / Eclat ...
- 08/08/16--16:54: _A Family Reunion, B...
- 10/30/16--20:20: _THREE
- 11/24/16--18:45: _Thanksgiving in Wis...
- 12/25/16--19:26: _Christmas Eve in Oa...
- 06/12/17--19:51: _Lunch at Story Hill...
- 06/13/17--17:42: _Brunch at SAP Brunc...
- 06/26/17--18:38: _Rest in peace, Uncl...
- 07/05/17--20:16: _Making the Best of ...
- 08/02/17--18:45: _Brunch at Band of B...
- 08/29/17--18:56: _Makai got to Faceti...
- 09/09/17--17:02: _Kid-Free Morning in...
- 09/17/17--09:17: _My new niece, Bella
- 09/30/17--11:55: _Jurassic World: The...
- 09/30/17--12:34: _Revolution Oktoberfest
- 11/06/17--17:39: _Makai’s Birthday, P...
- 11/26/17--10:04: _Thanksgiving in Chi...
- 12/25/17--17:57: _The Eve of Christma...
- 04/22/18--17:30: _Chicago Pizza Tours
- 04/11/16--19:47: Chicago Brewery Tour
- 07/20/16--13:15: La Colombe / Eclat Chocolate
- 08/08/16--16:54: A Family Reunion, Birthday and Celebration of Life
- 10/30/16--20:20: THREE
- 11/24/16--18:45: Thanksgiving in Wisconsin
- 12/25/16--19:26: Christmas Eve in Oak Creek
- 06/12/17--19:51: Lunch at Story Hill BKC in Story Hill, Milwaukee
- 06/13/17--17:42: Brunch at SAP Brunch, Brown Bag and Bakery in Appleton
- 06/26/17--18:38: Rest in peace, Uncle Doug
- 07/05/17--20:16: Making the Best of it in WI
- 08/02/17--18:45: Brunch at Band of Bohemia
- 08/29/17--18:56: Makai got to Facetime with his newest cousin, Bella, tonight!
- 09/09/17--17:02: Kid-Free Morning in the West Loop
- 09/17/17--09:17: My new niece, Bella
- 09/30/17--11:55: Jurassic World: The Exhibition at the Field Museum
- 09/30/17--12:34: Revolution Oktoberfest
- 11/06/17--17:39: Makai’s Birthday, Part 2
- 11/26/17--10:04: Thanksgiving in Chicago
- 12/25/17--17:57: The Eve of Christmas Eve in Oak Creek
- 04/22/18--17:30: Chicago Pizza Tours
Richard and Amanda and Jessica came down to Chicago last weekend. Jessica had a lot of homework to do so she stayed home with Dallas and Makai. Richard, Amanda and I visited a few Chicago breweries that none of us … Continue reading
A while back Richard and Amanda were in town and went to a few of our nicer coffee shops. At La Colombe they bought me this chocolate bar that was 70% cacao and 10% coffee. It was SO good. The … Continue reading
This weekend we went to Wisconsin to visit with my parents. We also got to see their beautiful new house that they just moved into last weekend! The main reason we chose this weekend to go to Wisconsin was for … Continue reading
Makai and his friends Oscar and Ezra Birthday boy! Makai with cousins Johnny + Rory Makai, Oscar, Joy Cubs Win sign! Quinn, Makai, Halle Stephanie + Mom Stephanie, Halle + Jill Larry, Amanda, Dad, Stephanie, Rachelle, Richard, Makai, Dallas, Jessica, … Continue reading
For Thanksgiving this year we went to Oak Creek to Richard and Amanda’s house. This is the 3rd year in a row that we’ve had Thanksgiving dinner there. The food was great and it was so much fun to hang … Continue reading
This year we celebrated Christmas with my family in Oak Creek on Christmas Eve. Amanda was scheduled to work, so we planned to get everything ready and when she came home from work we would eat dinner. But then the … Continue reading
After I picked up Richard then it was back on the road for a short drive to Story Hill BKC to meet Amanda for lunch. Story Hill BKC was really delicious and the waiter was very personable and knowledgeable. They … Continue reading
Richard and Amanda had taken my parents for brunch at SAP Brunch, Brown Bag and Bakery before and I thought it looked so good that I requested to go! Everything on the menu is locally made or grown. Our waitress was … Continue reading
I couldn’t stop crying when I finally heard the news. I had to leave work. The loss of Uncle Doug is really bringing home how mortal we all are. Today was also the one month anniversary of my Aunt Ali passing. … Continue reading
On June 26th, my Uncle Doug passed away. His memorial service was in Fremont, WI on June 30. Dallas had to travel to Atlanta that weekend for work, so I took Makai up to WI for a long weekend over … Continue reading
Dick and Amanda were in Palatine to meet with a dog breeder, so they came into the city to have brunch with Makai and I at Band of Bohemia. The donut was fried to order and was amazing.
My parents came and took Makai Saturday through Sunday for their first overnight. They were afraid to take him 4 hours away, so for the first time they took him to Richard and Amanda’s house in Oak Creek. I don’t … Continue reading
My brother got a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy a few weeks ago. They named her Bella. The breeder is in Palatine and when all the puppies were a few weeks older, they had a reunion. Since they were in Illinois, he … Continue reading
We got discounted Groupon tickets for the Jurassic World Exhibit at the Field Museum. I was afraid Makai might be too scared, but he did great. Dallas and I showed him video trailers for the exhibit beforehand and he got … Continue reading
I guess this was the 6th annual Revolution Oktoberfest, but the first one that they hosted outside the Milwaukee Avenue Brewpub, thus the first one we attended. Dallas went on Friday night but it was SO NUTS that he didn’t … Continue reading
Since we were in Arizona for Makai’s birthday, we celebrated with Dallas’s family there. When we got back, mom and dad came to Chicago to babysit for Mike and Jill’s wedding. So the next day, Steph, Jess and Uncle Richard … Continue reading
Dallas and I only made Thanksgiving dinner ourselves, including the full bird, once before. We wanted to give it a try again, so we invited everyone down to Chicago for Thanksgiving dinner. Dallas did the turkey and I made the … Continue reading
We celebrated Christmas Eve Eve with my family in Oak Creek. Stephanie had to work until 2 but came over at 3 or so. Makai can read his name very easily now, so he was excited to see a bunch … Continue reading
Jessica loves pizza so for Christmas I got her a ticket to the Chicago Pizza Tours. Our friend Jonathan started the tour and I’d always wanted to go. My brother and I decided on a day and we also asked … Continue reading